|
Links
a
b
c
d
e
f g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z
{[(...)]}
|
sexta-feira, abril 23, 2004
Apesar de já ter passado da época, ou talvez por isso, vou colocar aqui uns pedaços de um esquema um tanto relevante que o Jack Endino escreveu sobre a morte do Kurt Cobain:
I have to address all the Kurt business going on right now. April 5th is the ten-year anniversary of his death. Everyone's doing their grunge retrospective stories, and they're all asking me to say the same stuff all over again. I'm sure Albini and Vig are dealing with the same people. I try to be nice, but their deadlines are not my problem, and I really have no dirt to dish.
The fact is, I'm pretty well over Kurt now. Perspective, people. Like Eddie sez, "I'm still alive." Would I call Kurt a jerk for killing himself? Maybe, maybe not. But I am able to joke about him now, albeit with black humor.
Kurt is now a full-on "L E G E N D" and I fear it will only get worse. I think we would be better off grieving for our dying democracy, and Krist would probably back me up on that. (I'm not kidding about Krist: go to http://www.fixour.us.)
I was pretty shaken by his manner of death, and it messed me up for a long time. But lots of other people are dead, including 3000 people in NYC, and thousands of Iraqis. Do you think the families of US soldiers maimed and killed in Bush's war care about Kurt shooting HIMSELF? What do you think a 19-year old soldier in Iraq, trying to stay alive, thinks about Kurt and his personal problems?
I fear that Kurt's "story" has itself become another WEAPON OF MASS DISTRACTION. Dead Kurt? Whatever. He blew it, big time. He's dead. Get over it. We still have the music... and we're still here ourselves. Start your own damn band!
posted by Badá 15:24
|
 |